Black-Eyed Peas Renal Recipe
If you enjoy the southern tradition of eating black-eyed peas on New Year’s Day, take heart! I have worked on this recipe and removed some of the items that are high in potassium and phosphorus and made it still very yummy for you. We have a black-eyed peas renal recipe for you.
Here are the step by step instructions with the pictures included:
- 12 ounces Sprite or similar fruit flavored, caffiene free soda
- 2 cups canned applesauce, unsweetened
- 2 3 ounce packages gelatin, sweet
- Use a 8 x 11.5 pan that is 2 quart capacity for the final product to chill in. Put the applesauce in a 2 quart saucepan, then add the jello using a whisk.
- Mix together and heat gently until jello is dissolved - you may see a few bubbles as you stir continuously. Warming gently takes about 5 minutes on low - medium heat.
- Remove from heat, then add the lemon-lime soda a little at a time while mixing into the jello.
- Pour into the 2 quart pan - it will be a little foamy on top.
- Refrigerate until it sets - about 2 hours.
- Calories 125, Protein 2 gm, Carbohydrate 31 gm, Fat 0 gm, Sodium 105 mg, Potassium 47 mg, Phosphorus 33 mg
Let us know what you would like to see more of! We are posting new recipes every Thursday and want to make something you would enjoy!