GAM: Rice, Corn and Black Bean Burritos
The spice used in this recipe is the Garlic and More spice with Garlic, Onion, Red Crust Pepper, Green Onion and Carrots. It's fresh, have no GMO's, Salt Free, Gluten Free, Non-Irradiated.Print
GAM: Rice, Corn and Black Bean Burritos - Vegetarian Meals
Great vegetarian option for you to make for a meal including our garlic and more spice at nickannyskitchen.com
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 20
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: Entree
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Mexican
¼ cup GLUTINOUS RICE, WHITE, RAW
½ cup WATER, MUNICIPAL
1 tbsp OLIVE OIL, salad or cooking
½ tsp Texas Twist
½ tsp Garlic and More Spice
¼ tsp CINNAMON, GROUND
¼ cup BLACK BEAN, LOW SODIUM, mature seeds, canned
¼ cup CORN, YELLOW, WHOLE KERNEL, frozen
¼ cup GREEN PEPPER, SWEET, RAW (BELL), Diced
1 tbsp LIME JUICE, RAW
1 tbsp CORIANDER, RAW (CILANTRO, CHINESE PARSLEY)
4 tortilla TORTILLA, FLOUR, RTC, 7-8'' diameter
2 tbsp CHEESE, MEXICAN BLEND, SHREDDED
1. Cook rice as directed on package.
2. In a medium bowl, toss cooked rice with olive oil, Texas Twist spice, and Garlic and More spice. Add cinnamon and toss to combine.
3. Preheat oven to 400'F. Rinse black beans. Heat corn and black beans in microwave on high for 1 minute.
4. Next, combine warm black beans, corn and bell pepper with the rice. Add lime juice and cilantro and stir to combine.
5. Evenly divide the mixture among the tortillas and top each with the cheese. Roll up each burrito. (At this point you can freeze the burritos and microwave to heat later)
6. Place on a large baking sheet, seam side down. Place in the hot oven and bake for10 minutes until the burritos are warmed through and cheese is melted. Remove from oven and enjoy.
7. If reheating - place burrito on a microwave safe plate and cover with a paper towel. Microwave for 2 minutes, flip and microwave 1 more minute. Let sit for 1 minute to rest.
Be careful, product will be hot. (Times vary based on microwave wattage).
Serving size is 2 burritos.
E X C H A N G E S : 4.76 Starch, 0.1 Vegetable, 0.03 Fruit, 1.33 Fats, 0.01 Other Carbs
Keywords: kidney disease diet recipe, recipe for kidney disease, renal diet dessert recipe
You can go to https://www.nickannyskitchen.com/ to learn more about the spice and find other spices available. You may also click on the Get Recipe button below to download the recipe.