This delicious recipe guarantees that it is also healthy for your kidneys and your heart.
1 cup GLUTINOUS RICE, WHITE, RAW
4 medium GREEN PEPPER, SWEET, RAW (BELL), MEDIUM
1 lb GROUND TURKEY, 93% LEAN, 7% FAT, RAW
0.91 oz GRANDMA'S LOAF N MORE SPICE PACKET
1/2 cup COLBY CHEESE, SHREDDED
1/2 cup ONION, RAW, CHOPPED
1 cup WATER, MUNICIPAL
1. Cook rice according to package directions. You should have 2 cups rice cooked.
2. Cut off tops of peppers and remove seeds. Set aside.
3. Mix together the Grandma's Loaf N More seasoning packet with the ground turkey.
In a large skillet cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink. Drain.
4. Add the onions to the turkey and cook for 1-2 minutes. Add the rice to the cooked turkey. Sprinkle cheese on top and mix together then spoon into peppers. Transfer to a 5-6 quart slow cooker. Pour the water around the peppers.
5. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until the peppers are tender and filling is
heated through. Serve with your favorite side dish.
E X C H A N G E S : 2.14 Starch, 0.56 High Fat Meat, 1.29 Vegetable
Keywords: kidney disease diet recipe, recipe for kidney disease, renal diet recipe